One Roll Project – Griffith Park Old Zoo Family Photographer

I’ve been informally photographing the Perry family for a couple years now – Kwynn as a Los Angeles Derby Dolls skater, and Brian and their adorable son Ellison as her biggest fans. They were the first to volunteer for the One Roll Project, and I was thrilled to go out to the Old Zoo at Griffith Park and take their family photographs in a different setting.

Shot on 1 roll of Kodak Portra 160 35mm film on the Canon EOS 50E. Developed and scanned by Richard Photo Lab.

See the full set and order prints here. Find out more about the One Roll Project or contact me to participate!

Los Angeles film photographer - family photos at Griffith Park Old ZooLos Angeles family photographer 35mm film. Kodak Portra 160. Old Zoo Griffith Park.Los Angeles modern, natural, documentary family and lifestyle film photographer.Los Angeles. Modern lifestyle family photography. 35mm film at Old Zoo in Griffith Park.Dad and son, natural, relaxed, emotional Los Angeles family photographer.LA film photographer. Modern, cool, natural family photos. Mom and dad in colorful plaid, toddler boy in neutrals. Los Angeles film photographer Jessica Schilling. Modern family portraits.Fun, natural Los Angeles family photographer. 35mm film.Los Angeles family photographer. 35mm film, cool mom in red and white plaid, Griffith Park.LA natural family photography on film.

• Elissa said:

These are beautiful! You really can't beat real film (and what a gorgeous family)!

• rahul said:

beautiful family....you've done an amazing job capturing them!

• mathias said:

a. great looking family b. their son is legit cute, not to mention stylish c. awesome photos. Love the ones in the rocks especially!

• I love that, if you hadn't mentioned in the text, I would never have felt that this session was "limited" to one roll of film, or that it was "limited" at all. It feels full, and storytelling, and playful, and natural. Often, as photographers, we spend hours and hundreds of images to get a simple set like this. Beautiful work.

• Jen said:

Awesome job with one roll. Cute family and fun shots!

• Mercedes said:

These are so pretty and it's awesome how much fun they are having :)

• ayesha said:

adorable family! love how close they seem to each other in these photos. found myself studying the moments carefully and thinking of how carefully you must have shot. but i can't tell. this is so well done.

• Tim said:

Wow so many great shots from one roll!! I really got to get out and shoot more film. I am still stuck shooting digital. I have got to dig out my EOS 5 some time and shoot some 35mm.

• What a great location for a family shoot! and what a fun family to shoot there with. :) great work

• Stunning family! My goodness, they look so amazing together! You grabbed such great moments.

• Pingback : One Roll Project – Los Angeles LGBTQ Family Photography » Los Angeles Indie Wedding & Portrait Photography by Jessica Schilling