Bohemian Fashion Photography at Red Rock Canyon Nevada

The first weekend of Coachella kicks off today! While I won’t be there myself, this bohemian photo shoot I did in Red Rock Canyon last month ties in perfectly with music festival fashion and helps me pretend I’m in the desert listening to all the awesome bands playing. This photo shoot was a collaboration with some other wonderful photographers and models, gorgeous styling and makeup by Cheriene Galley, and we made the floral crowns with this tutorial.

All shot on 35mm film – the color is Kodak Gold 400 and the black and white is Fuji Acros 100.

Red Rock Canyon desert fashion shoot on filmDesert fashion photographer, boho jewelry at Red Rock Canyon NevadaRomantic bohemian portrait photography. Floral crown DIY.Hippie bohemian fashion photography Red Rock Canyon desertDesert festival fashion shoot on 35mm film - kodak gold 400 and Acros 100Badass black and white desert portraits on 35mm filmRetro romantic desert bohemian inspired fashion photography on filmRed Rock Canyon park in Nevada outside of Las Vegas 35mm filmBohemian colorful bustier top and jewelry. Film fashion photographer Jessica Schilling.Desert bohemian fashion photo shoot on black and white filmDesert fashion photo shoot. boho leather sandalsfun flirty festival fashion with a floral crown and boho jewelryRed Rock Canyon NV state park desert film photographyMagical gold glitter at desert fashion shoot on black and white filmModern editorial fashion portraits in the desert, black and white 35mm film

• Elissa said:

Awesome. I love the close-up of the flower crown-wearing lady. (Also I kind of need that purpley multi-colored bustier.) This looks like an amazing time.... wish I'd been there :)

• ayesha said:

adoooore the feel of this shoot! and i was going to post about that bustier too haha. love it! but seriously - gorgeous sun and styling, and i especially love the b&w's. i'm not one of those people who can normally tell the difference online between film and digital (confession booth time haha) but something about the b&w's here really sets them apart. beautiful and so natural.

• Jakob said:

Dig the close-ups. And the colours.

• Shella said:

Lovely shoot! That 4th frame is just stuning.

• Love the styling on these - gorgeous photos of gorgeous ladies! I love the shot where she's blowing sand :)

• Jessie said:

Wow! Beautiful! I l love that first close up of the model looking down.

• Sarah said:

Seriously stunning! I love Kodak gold and you rocked it!

• Amazing work, stunning location and stunning models. I love shoot with my old film cameras, just a tad expensive these days!

• Beautifully captured - you sold me on these accessories, great set!

• I love the feel of freedom in these photos.

That fourth photos is just WOW.

• What a great location, I'm jealous. Really like the fourth image.